MERN Logins - My 2nd Contribution

MERN Logins

For this week's pull request for Hacktoberfest I have again helped to add a login method for the MERN Stack Project with PassportJs and Javascript, this week I've added support for GitHub's OAuth2 to it.

The same pattern has been followed from the last contribution, since PassportJs makes things easier for authentication.

Looking at the current status of the project I see that other contributors are adding the React front-end to it so hopefully we could see some progress as I would also like to collaborate with front-end development.

Conclusion

 Lately I have been trying to setup my new machine (switched from OSX) for .NET and C# development so I can contribute to larger projects that are of my interest but so far it has been a challenge, hoping to not have to clean install my OS this week.

I found curious that most of these projects are using alpha versions of the .NET Core SDK, which I assume is one of the root causes of my problems trying to setup my environment for them, specifically Winforms and NClass.

I hope to be able to contribute to these projects for my next pull requests so I can learn and improve my C# skills as planned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hacktoberfest #2 - UWP App Launcher

Hacktoberfest 2019 - My First Open Source Community Challenge